1. I mercilessly sorted through all my clothes and books to take all the things I don’t use or need to a charity shop. I do this on a regular basis ever since I sold all my various collections before I moved to the UK.
2. A friend treated me to the cinema the other week. Apparently the oldest independent cinema in the East End is just down the road. They recently refurbished and now have a little luxury studio with comfy sofas and a bar. Bliss.
3. My hair is growing ridiculously fast and I’m having to re-learn doing hair styles for longer hair.
4. I am getting ready for summer by writing lists and ordering new crochet hooks. I also ordered a proper bag (a brown scallop trim satchel) today as a motivation to get out of the habit of using tote bags all the time.
5. I got up early this morning and made Swedish scones (they’re bigger than British scones and always savoury) for breakfast.
6. I have decided to get a one line a day journal and write delightful sentences in it every day for the next 5 years. I have also decided to start writing a list of goals for every month to keep myself focused and motivated.
7. My mum sent me 2 parcels from Sweden.
8. I am in the process of writing down all my thoughts and feelings on the hell I have been through the last year. 6,073 words so far. I have no idea what to do with it when I’m done, I just know that I have to get it out of my system for therapeutic purposes.
9. I could happily eat nothing but salads, beans, fruit, bread and cheese all summer.
10. I just watched the Intelligence Squared debate in which Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry are opposing the motion ‘The Catholic Church is a force for good in the world’. Christopher Hitchens is on my summer reading list and there are no words for the love I feel for Stephen Fry.