50g (dairy-free) butter
150g dark chocolate digestives
200g cream cheese
75g caster sugar
150g good quality dark (85%) chocolate
130ml double cream
1. Melt the butter. Crush the chocolate digestives. Mix the butter with the biscuits and line a 20cm springform cake tin with the mixture. Refrigerate.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Set aside to cool.
3. Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites until stiff. In a medium-sized bowl, lightly whip the cream. Set aside.
4. Blend the cheese, sugar and egg yolks together in a big bowl until smooth. Mix in the melted chocolate, taking care to incorporate.
5. Fold in the lightly whipped cream. Once incorporated, carefully fold in the whisked egg whites.
6. Spoon the mixture onto the biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge.
Note: It is crucial that all the ingredients are at room temperature and that you let the melted chocolate cool down considerably. You don’t want to scramble the egg yolks when adding the chocolate.