1. I’m still making goods for my soon-to-open Etsy shop. I’m a bit behind as I had to rethink a few designs that didn’t work out the way I wanted them to. I’ve been properly stressing myself out about it so I have decided to take my time and not rush it.
2. I’m making an effort to go out more. Not long ago I saw Filth and Philomena at the pictures. Both films were very funny and touching. Earlier this week I spent an afternoon in design homeware shops, a second-hand bookshop and a lovely tea room in Stoke Newington.
3. I’m enjoying getting back into the habit of making yummy treats. In the last week I’ve had pancakes with Nutella + banana and sugar + lemon as well as the Swedish delicacy rose hip soup with vanilla whipped cream and flaked almonds.
4. I love the feeling of anticipation. It sometimes turns out to be even better than the thing you were anticipating in the first place. It always feels odd buying tickets for things such a long time in advance, but I’m really looking forward to American Psycho – The Musical in January and Derren Brown: Infamous in July next year.
5. Two nights ago I went to a Japanese restaurant (fantastic spicy miso vegetable udon noodle soup with dumplings!) and I also recently went to a really nice proper burger restaurant. Eating out always feels like such a treat.
6. I read A Kiss Before Dying by Ira Levin and A Tale For the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki. Both of them were absolutely amazing and I didn’t want them to end. I’m currently reading The Devotion of Suspect X by Keigo Higashino as recommended by my dear friend Kat.
7. I haven’t been watching enough films lately but I found Savage Grace and Hawking (starring Benedict Cumberbatch) very moving.
8. There are loads of fun things happening in December. So far I have plans to watch the TV preview for Inside No 9 at the BFI, attend a demonstration of the Japanese tea ceremony at the British Museum and visit the exhibition Pop Art Design at the Barbican. Oh, and then there’s The Chocolate Festival and Pom Pom Quarterly’s Christmas Party.
9. Yesterday I dyed my hair a brighter shade of ginger. There’s not a massive difference of course but I’m quite pleased with how it turned out.