1. Dylan Moran is my favourite living person.
2. Growing up, I wanted to be an aerialist and a forensic psychologist.
3. My cat Litania, who lives with my mum in Sweden, is named after Charles Baudelaire’s poem Les Litanies de Satan.
4. I’ve read American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis so many times that I have been known to find a specified sentence in less than a minute.
5. My favourite food is mushrooms and I love trying new kinds.
6. I pretty much know The Rocky Horror Picture Show off by heart.
7. For the past 18 years or so I’ve been a massive Nine Inch Nails fan. I absolutely adore Trent Reznor. Same goes for Joy Division and Ian Curtis. I feel incredibly close to them because they’ve been by my side through thick and thin for so many years.
8. I’m a rationalist.
9. My dad is the only one I know who has watched more films and read more books than I have.
10. I honestly can’t wait to turn 30. I feel like I’ve been twenty-something forever.
11. I have a weakness for Irish accents.
12. I don’t write poetry anymore but I started writing Gothic and Nietzschean poems as soon as I knew how to write, and I did it throughout my whole childhood and adolescence.
13. I find cleaning therapeutic.
14. When it comes to lying I have no tolerance whatsoever. I can’t stand it and it baffles me how people can voluntarily choose to make things difficult for themselves by lying.
15. I’ve been shaving my eyebrows off for the past 17 years. I was raised on David Bowie and I’ve always loved Ziggy Stardust’s cerebral alien look.
16. I was once engaged to a sailor.
17. I can’t play any instruments but I can sing.
18. As a teenager I was a punk and then a Goth for many years. After that I was really into decora and fairy kei for a year or so.
19. I drink at least three pots of green tea every day.
20. When I’m out and about, I say hello to every cat I meet because I consider it polite.