1. I love hotel rooms because they’re blank slates. I occasionally go to hotel bars for a drink even if I’m not staying in the hotel because they instantly make you anonymous. You don’t bring your past with you to a hotel and they’re wonderful places to write in.
2. Most of the time I keep it off the blog, but I’m a gore fiend and super morbid. If it’s gross, I want to hear and make inappropriate jokes about it! It’s such a huge part of my personality and my sense of humour that excluding it makes me feel like I’m hiding a lot of my personality on here.
3. I’ve mentioned before that I have pretty wicked and very lucid dreams, but I haven’t mentioned that my dreams are so vivid that they tend to bleed into my day. This often makes me struggle to differentiate between dreams and reality. In other words, I often mistake dreams for memories!
4. My family can be counted on one hand. Mum, dad, step mum, brother and maternal grandma. There are more people in my family but I don’t know them.
5. I’m prone to nosebleeds when I’m under a lot of pressure.
6. When my best friend and I were art students, we used to create new personas for ourselves when we were around people who didn’t know who we were. We used to write scripts, act them out and include unsuspecting strangers. We played pranks on everyone and habitually dared each other, and others, to do insane things. Of course, we also compulsively recorded everything in our lives (including our little films and pranks) using cameras, video cameras, tape recorders and good old notebooks.
7. I have a scar shaped like the symbol for sulfur (a Leviathan Cross) on my inner bicep.
8. I used to be a collector of books, films and records. I also had a walk-in closet full of clothes, shoes, bags and accessories. None of it made me any happier. Before I moved to England, I sold and donated everything. Now, I’m at the other extreme. I’ve stayed in people’s spare rooms for 16 months and I’ve been living out of a suitcase since April. I’m dying to find a place where I can put my books on some shelves and my clothes in a wardrobe.
9. I talk to myself. A lot.
10. I have a strong dislike for forced fun such as weddings, Birthday parties, work parties, etc. It takes all my strength to attend and I’m emotionally drained for at least one day after the event.